Lancaster Permaculture Design
Integrating the Foundations and Design Process of Permaculture with Community and Relationship Building at the Lancaster Community Gardens
- An Introduction to Permaculture Ethics, Principles, and Guiding Philosophies
- Skills in the art of Permaculture Design with seasoned artists and designers
- Hands-on demonstrations in appropriate permaculture technologies and the opportunity to explore forest farming and mushroom cultivation
- Exploration of plant guilds, pollinators, and biodiversity within a permaculture landscape
- Patterns and Sacred Spaces in Nature
- Integrating our animal friends into our design
- Traditional and Natural Building Practices
- Expansion of our food cultivation
- Contemplation, exploration, play and deep dialogue with nature
- Applying permaculture to ourselves in our work, relationships and self-care practices
. . . . . . . . and so much more!!!
Planning and designing our personal and professional spaces through a sustainable, ecological lens means balancing the care of our natural world with the care for humanity in a manner that is fair, non-depleting and supportive.
Utilizing best planning and management practices, and permaculture design principles:
- We can develop operational procedures within businesses that sustain the triple bottom line (planet, people and profit);
- We can foster resilient, thriving communities that connect with and nourish local natural environments that support the community;
- We can protect ecosystem services that provide enormous value to our lives; and
- We can design and care for gardens, edible forest, and medicinal grounds inspired by nature.